Black Hole Symphony is a symphonic journey through spacetime, performed by a live chamber orchestra under the Planetarium dome. Join us to explore the unfolding story of supermassive black holes as engines of gravity, light, and creation. This revolutionary new show is a unique collaboration between astrophysicists of the Harvard-Smithsonian CFA and Black Hole Initiative with the musicians of the Multiverse Concert Series. Composer David Ibbett has sonified the light of black hole galaxies as musical notes and chords, woven into a dramatic electro-symphonic score set to immersive 3-D visuals from the Charles Hayden Planetarium.
Read more about the Black Hole Symphony.
- Anna Barnacka, Lead Scientist, Harvard CFA
- Mojegan Azadi, Harvard CFA
- Martin Elvis, Harvard CFA
- Fabio Pacucci, Black Hole Initiative
- Priya Natarajan, Yale, Black Hole Initiative
- Dan Schwartz, Harvard CFA